I have been using GNS3 for years for routing and switching. This is versatile and best simulator just like Cisco Packet Tracer. I really very like to work in both simulators. Nowadays a new release of GNS3 has been released. GNS3 1.5.0 RC2 Released! This is the latest version of the GNS3 and some more features are there in this release which should be discussed before start working on this. So here are some of those features.
The major new features of 1.5 are:
- Docker containers support is there now.
- 4K monitors support on Windows operating system.
- The import/export of portable projects (.gns3 project), this last feature is designed to work with the GNS3 VM.
Other important changes since 1.5 RC 1 are:
- Delete vlan.dat for L2IOL during config import. This can be done in very less time and with very fewer efforts.
- Check if KB2999226 is installed on Windows (Microsoft Universal C Runtime).
- Many Docker support fixes are there.
These are some of the features which have been added in this network simulator to make it more efficient and effective. Do not forget to learn to work in this simulator while taking CCNA Training in Chandigarh. This training will help you to gain more and more knowledge and you can become a professional Network Engineer.